1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

flash question

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by malice, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. malice

malice Thread Starter

hello

im making an exercise in flash (a small website)

with currently two pages the home page on frame 1 and a contact page on frame 30.

when i go to the contact page the content gradually changes things fade and shapes change
    so i created on the layers with the animated content between frames 1 and 30 a shape tween or motion tween depending on what i needed.

now heres the question if i would like to do the same with another page on frame 40 for example so that when i go to that page the content also gradually changes how do i go about it because if i go from the home page to that page it first passes thru the contact page and all its changes because its situated between the first frame and frame 40 is there a way to avoid this?

2. ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Hi Malice,

I am not so good with Action Script so hopefully someone will come along with a better answer.
    I learned to use Flash5 by installing it and running it. No books and very little internet so my explanation is going to be very elementary.

I am wondering if you can use a simple 'OnMouseEvent' goto Frame 'X' so that the data can be bypassed.
    If you have action that takes place across several frames, make them Movies and then place them on a layer in the particular frame -be sure to use 'Stop' when appropriate so that the movie does not play into a next page or something.

If you look at this example - http://www.nofearfiregear.com - I did a similar thing. The buttons at the bottom allow pause, restart and skip by bypassing frames. I did this by using layers of movies all on one frame.

ViperGTS

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

4. ViperGTS

ViperGTS

looks interesting.... (y)

5. itlu

itlu

i didnt get it viper

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice