1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flash: "Rebuild Curve" option for vector lines?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ioTus, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ioTus

ioTus Thread Starter

I know in Photoshop working w/ paths you can "rebuild curve" to add more points or smooth out the curve, is this option available in Flash 8? If so, where?

2. lister

lister

Use the pen tool to add/remove nodes.
    Or the options in Modify -> Shape to smooth, straighten etc.

3. ioTus

ioTus Thread Starter

Hmm.. I was unaware that Flash was a "system utility" software, in college they taught me that it is a "Digital Imaging" software (that being what I use it for), so thats why i posted this in the "digital imaging" section. But OK!

Anyways, how the heck do you control the pen tool? It automatically unselects whatever curve i'm working on, and only by small chance is it possible to re-select the curve w/ the tool, I usually end up creating a new line. Gr..... Flash is one of the most frustrating pieces of software ever created. If only the end product wasnt so cool...

Thanks for the help

4. ioTus

ioTus Thread Starter

Just figured it out, to smooth them out, you change the corner points to curve points (Circle indicators to square indicators)

To do this you select the point, hold ALT and drag the mouse out, this will give you two handlebars.

Yay.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice