flash screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hashim

Hi. This will be hard to explain. My computer screen flashes when something is moving on the screen. I went to http://cnet.com and there was an advertisement for Windows XP and the screen ripples when I type or tried to scroll. There is Javascript code that has the effect of the background on a web page falling, like it is raining. Well, when the page displays on my computer, it won't display, it is almost like there is a time difference. As I am typing right now some of the words blink when I press certain keys.

I have a Dell Dimension running Windows ME. I just got it this past summer.

I told you this would be hard to explain! Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The only thing I can think of is to try upgrading your browser and make sure have installed all the service patches (SPs).

What browser, version, and SPs have you installed?

What is the actual URL (Internet address), which is causing the problem? If we had it we could try it ourselves.

hashim

The browser is IE 5.5.

The site is http://cnet.com and there is a Microsoft XP ad and you can play it if you want. It just blnks, it's not a smooth transition.

The ad pushs the limit. It sounds like you have a low end graphics with very little video memory. What brand and how much memory do you have. Also have installed SP 2 for IE 5.5? You can left click the ad and set the quality to Low to see if that helps as well. Let us know.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online