Flashgot HELP !!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dedcert

I have installed Flashgot - But have NO IDEA how to use it ! I think I need to get some download managers , but which ones should I get ? and if you don't mind WHY ? Are some better for certain types of files/programmes than others ? PLEASE HELP THIS IDIOT !!!:confused:

Do you mean Flashget. It is a pretty good download manager. I use it myself. Just search for it in google.
It is very easy to use. when you want to download something, it catches it and downloads it.

Dedcert

Actually , I DO mean "FLASHGOT" . It is a Firefox add-on and I think it somehow manages your download managers . What I really need to know is - Which download managers should I use ? Do I need different ones for different file types ? Are some better/faster than others ?
Any advice welcome !!!!:confused:

Hi,

You can use FlashGot with FlashGet to download files. FlashGot works with the Mozilla Firefox browser and allows you to select multiple links to download. They are then downloaded with FlashGet.

Find both by searching on Google, download and install.

FlashGot is an add-on for Firefox. If you're looking for it, in Mozilla Firefox go to Tools, then add-ons. You'll see FlashGot.

To download files, select a link or multiple links by highlighting them. Then press the control key and the F2 key on your keyboard. You should see a pop up menu with Flash Got on it. Follow the prompts to download. It should download to FlashGet.

If you are having a problem with it downloading to FlashGet, in Mozilla Firefox, go to tools, add-ons, options, advanced. Then click on the detect now button. That should detect FlashGet (although that should automatically be detected by FlashGot when you first install).

Hope this helps....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!