1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

flashing 7900GS BIOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by d4rkside, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d4rkside

d4rkside Thread Starter

is this process hard? i need some info on flashing video card BIOS, i was wanting to maybe flash my 7900GS to something a little faster, like a 7900GTX or something

2. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

Hi mate...

It is possible to flash video BIOS of certain cards but this is not what you want to do. It is not something being done to improve performance.

You are possibly confusing this process with overclocking (forcing the GPU to run faster in Mhz resulting in faster performance) or with unlocking pipelines of the GPU (This can be done ONLY with certain chipsets and it is not recommended since the locked pipelines can be faulty ones. There are cases that they work though but you need experience to do stuff like that - a mistake could lead to problems or even destruction of your card.

Search around the web about GPU overclocking and check this out if you need a program that does both overclocking and unlocking of pipelines:

http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

Use with extreme caution and NEVER do something you are not sure about without doing the needed reading first! You re card is good enough after all why bother doing stuff like that? :)

3. d4rkside

d4rkside Thread Starter

ahh, i thought like if i could get it to like a 7950, it would perform better, but i got rid of my computer that had this card in it lol, but i did overclock it before to a good amount

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice