1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flashing blue screen and restart??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ilovejoey315, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovejoey315

ilovejoey315 Thread Starter

I'm not sure if there is another thread about this or not, but...

I'm having serious problems with my laptop. It was working completely normal the night before, but when my sister used it the next day, it was running very slowly. She said Internet Explorer kept opening up a blank tab, and I turned off the computer to try to fix it when it stopped responding. When I tried to turn it back on, I was taken to a black screen giving me 3 different safe mode options, a last configuration, and start Windows normally. I tried each of these, but it says there is an error, flashes a blue screen too fast for me to read it (something about my anti-virus software?) and then restarts itself to the same black screen.

I don't know what's wrong with it and cannot fix this problem. Can anyone help me please? Note that I am entirely ignorant when it comes to computers, so try to put everything in simple terms. :)

Also, I have some files on my computer I don't want to lose! It's very important. I can't access my username to back up all my files, but I don't want to have to have to get rid of everything.

My laptop is a Compaq, Windows XP.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. ilovejoey315

ilovejoey315 Thread Starter

Please help me? I really want to fix this problem, but I don't know what I'm doing... =(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice