1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flat Panel CRT Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The2ndRat, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. The2ndRat

The2ndRat Thread Starter

I have recently purchased a Flat Screen CRT Monitor. After connecting the monitor. I can not get straight horizontal lines. I have returned the monitor to the manufactuer thinking it was defective. They sent it back saying that it was tested and functioning properly. I have spent hours adjusting the geometry buttons on the monitor.
    Has anyone ran into this problem? I think it might be the video card.
    I am running a Radeon 9200 Video Card on Windows Me.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Can you clarfy just what the screen is?

You say it's a "flat panel" and a "CRT" monitor. Those 2 descriptors are conflicting.

A "flat panel" means LCD or Plasma, and not CRT (which is anything but a "panel" in format)

A CRT is quite likely to be a "flat screen" type but not a "flat panel"

So, is it LCD, or CRT?

As the technology is entirely different, the possibilites are likewise different.
    Assuming its not an LCD flat panel, have you excluded all magnetic devices from the immediate area? Speakers etc.

These can cause deflection anomalies and screen display curvature.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you mean that the screen edges are not at 90 degree angles? If so you have to adjust the parallelogram, pin balance, trapezoid, and pincushion settings on the physical monitor - those are what those settings are called on my monitor and they always need to be adjusted with new monitors. It may be something to do with the refresh rate or screen settings on your video card but most likely its in the monitor settings that the problem lies.

4. PlasmaEye

PlasmaEye

Do you have any external speakers near the monitor? Sometimes if the speakers are not shielded, the magnetic field from the magnets in the speakers will play havoc on the monitor. I believe this applies to both CRT and LCD monitors.

5. The2ndRat

The2ndRat Thread Starter

O.K. its a Flat Screen CRT monitor.
    There are no magnetic devices nearby.
    Have tried all adjustments on monitor.

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

The2ndRat, this will bump you back to the top for further assistance.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I guess you could try it on another computer and see how it behaves; then you'll know if its the monitor or the computer thats at fault.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice