Flat Screen Monitor Display Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

havendel

I just bought a second hand Philips 170C flatscreen monitor off eBay.

My previous 15" NEC MultiSync LCD 1560NX works fine. So no issues with graphics card or pc.

I have tried both the proper display driver and the default plug and play - no difference to the problem.

Problem - When I put up a white screen there is a pink cast over the screen which is more evident towards the edges and stronger at the top left.

This particularly effects light greys on the screen, but all clours seen affected.

I've played around with the colours but because the problem is not even over the screen - I can't fix it.

Could this be down to a backlighting fault?

Any help from you tech wizards would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

David (havendel)

More to the point is that the LCD element took a strong hit somewhere and is out of alignment - ya can't bounce these things!

The backlight is simply a white flourecent bulb, and won't cause color missplacement, unless its what's loose and is pressing the LCD element somehow.

How was it packed when it arrived? There's a reason why the manufacturer inserts these screens in a foam sleeve when shipping, and this is it.

A-N

havendel

Thanks for that...

Since my message I have spoken to Philips Tech Support who tell me the red filter is the problem. Fixing will cost more than it's worth.

The eBay seller has agreed a refund so all's well.

I guess it's PC World here I come!

Thanks again for your help.

David

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online