1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flatscreen Monitor just shut off

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by diamondd, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. diamondd

diamondd Thread Starter

My Dell flatscreen just went out on me. I was working and it shut down. I can turn it back on but it goes right back off. I am currently using an old big gateway monitor. Can you give me any ideas as how to get the flatscreen up and running again?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You replaced the flatscreen monitor with a CRT monitor and it's working, so you know it's not an issue with that desktop computer.

Have you tried connecting the flatscreen monitor to another desktop to see if it works?

I'm guessing at this point there's an issue with the flatscreen monitor.

-----------------------------------------------------------

3. diamondd

diamondd Thread Starter

I will try to check it as soon as I can find someone near me with a computer. Thank you for answering so quckly. As soon as I have the chance to check it I will let you know.:)

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Flatscreen monitors have gotten very cheap(especially the 19" and smaller sizes), so replacing it(if you need to) won't be a big drain on your pocket.

My last 19" CRT monitor weighed 52 pounds, so I was glad to donate it and get rid of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice