1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flesh colors print too dark

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jnvan, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jnvan

jnvan Thread Starter

When I print a 4X6 face close-up with a HP145 printer on HP Premium paper from Picassa2 I have excellent results. When printing the same picture in 8X10 with my HP4215 All-in-one on Kodak Anytime paper the faces are very dark. If I increase the Fill light in Picassa the results are better but the trial and error eats up paper. Am I trying the impossible?

2. face1

face1

I have always found best results with HP printers come with using their HP papers and built in profiles for those papers. Try using the HP Premium paper for the 8x10 and see if there is any improvement in consistency from one print to anaother....
    Also, unfortunately, different printers (even form the same manufacturer and sometimes even the same model) often times have drastically different output. Differences in inks, quality of print head, laser vs. inkjet, etc are often the problem, but using the same paper is a good place to start.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596127