1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flex type hose

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by RT, Nov 4, 2018.

1. RT

RT Thread Starter

Howdy folks!
    Need to pressure wash my deck and treat it before true winter arrives.
    Pressure washers needs a water hose, and so do I atm.
    So considering, there's several flex type hoses advertised.

Just wondering if any one has purchased one, and do they really work as advertised.
    That is to say no kinks, it recoils smoothly when not in use, quick connect with no leaks, won't crack in below freezing temps, etc...

I'm just looking for true user reviews here, and if you have one, would you recommend your purchase?
    And please be brand specific, whether thumbs up or thumbs down :)

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    What is the inside diameter of the hose you are considering? A power washer sucks water out of the hose and the less resistance the better. I have a little AC powered power washer that I tried to use with an old 120-foot garden hose with a 5/8 inch ID and a splice in the middle of it. The washer collapsed the hose every time I turned it on. I ended up buying a 100-foot commercial grade hose with a 3/4 inch ID.

3. RT

RT Thread Starter

Hey there Chuck! :)
    Not sure of the ID, I've been using just your standard garden hose. Which kinks up just fine, and is kind of a hassle to roll up for storage.

My pressure washer is much like yours, but it's never collapsed the hose. In fact it's a little under powered for deck washing.
    Takes a long time compared to a gasoline fueled washer.

But was just wondering about these flex hoses that have been advertised on TV that claim no kinks, and when the water pressure is released they self retract into a tidy little bundle for easy storage.
    Sort of like it's got a built in 'slinky' function.

There have been several brands pitched on TV this year, each claiming to better that "the other brand" :rolleyes: So I'm looking to see if any one here got one and if so how durable it is.
    I can quite see how, over time, the self retract could weaken.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice