1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flickering Black Horizontal Lines Across Screen?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HollAN1, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HollAN1

HollAN1 Thread Starter

So recently my computer has been experiencing some issues. Black horizontal lines have been showing up all over the screen. At first they were intermittent but now they seems to be happening more often and it's getting worse. Could this be an issue with the graphics card or the graphics driver? The lines do not show up in a screenshot if that says anything. I have a Lenovo yoga 11s with windows 10 and have only had it for 2 years. I would really like not to have to replace my computer because of this.

2. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
  3. SM4SH

SM4SH

I see this issue about once a week. I would say about 95% of the time its a problem with the LCD or the cable to the LCD.
    One quick thing you can check is if you move the screen around and the lines change its probably the cable.

4. theon.gj

theon.gj

Any other monitors, devices sucking power from the PC or USB card need reseating? Sometimes flickering is often due to an improperly calibrated refresh rate check it out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1173939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice