1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flickering / Blinking On Acer Aspire v3-471

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lucaslimzh, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lucaslimzh

Lucaslimzh Thread Starter

2. Blu_86

Blu_86

*Does this happen with your battery installed by itself? Or does this happen with the power supply also plugged in?

*Does this also happen in any other location? For instance a coffee shop or an airport?

*Also when did this start happening?

3. Lucaslimzh

Happens with or without a battery
    Location doesn't matter still flickers
    I can't remember I use to just leave it alone for 10minutes and the Flickering stops. But it's been Flickering for 4hours.

4. Blu_86

Blu_86

Ok, when was the last time you did a fresh operating system reinstall? Also did you try uninstalling the video driver and reinstalling?

I do have to log out but i'll check back later.

5. Lucaslimzh

2 days ago it worked the first day ( blinked only for about 2 minutes after I turn it on) yes

6. OTN

OTN

1. Check if the Drivers for the Graphics Chips are intact . Also try and Connect the system via an External Monitor and see if you have thesame flickering Display.
    2. Remove ,clean the RAMS with 90% Propanol . Also clean the RAM Slots on your system with a clean Brush. Reinstal the RAMs one after the other....
    3. If problem persists ,try another RAM that you know is functional .
    4. You may also remove the battery , hold down the Power Button for 60 Seconds ( without power cable) . Connect the Power Cable (without the Battery ) and TURN it ON . You may repeat Step 4 with Battery and Power Cable and Turn it on .
    5. If all of the above do not help, it may be a GPU related Problem .

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice