1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flickering Cursor (I hope this is the right forum)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FrozenFish, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FrozenFish

FrozenFish Thread Starter

Please, oh please let this be the right forum. If not, be sure to scold me.:rolleyes: My cursor is flickering like a strobe light and making me ill. The only time it doesn't do it is when I hover over a hot-link, etc. It started a few days ago and I'm stumped. Any advice is welcome. :) -Fish

2. FrozenFish

Holy cow! It stopped flickering as soon as I posted. That's what I call SUPPORT!

3. FrozenFish

Crap. The flickering is back! Help, oh help.:(

4. beach51

beach51

Hi FrozenFish,Have you download any new software lately?How about new games?Also what browser are you using.Have you tried updateing your video drivers?

5. FrozenFish

Nope. No new downloaded software, games or anything else new. I use Netscape almost all of the time, but as I reply to this, I am using Internet Explorer and it is flickering. After my last post, it stopped flickering (again), but started its old tricks later.

I haven't updated my video drivers. Is that easy to do?

Thanks for your reply!! -Fish

6. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

FrozenFish Im not sure if this will help or not... but go to help & type into the index "cursor" & when it comes up go to its properties & adjust it...especially the speed.

7. beach51

beach51

Ok,lets try this.Right click on My Computer>click on properties>Device manager>click on the + sign next to Display,This will tell you the name of your video card.Right click on your card>Properties>Drivers>Click on update drivers,and follow the prompts.If that doesnt work,go to the web site of the manufr.of your card and see if there are any driver updates for it.

Lets us know how you make out.

8. TechChick

TechChick

Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel. Double-click on Keyboard. The Speed tab should be selected, if it's not, click on it. Look for a section called "Cursor Blink Rate" toward the bottom of the window. Try adjusting the speed to something slower by moving the the bar to the left.

I think this is what SavvyLady is referring to. (I just thought I'd spell out the steps.) Sometimes Windows Help can be very useful.

9. deuce

deuce

You aren't IUPChick and ShootingStar27, are you? Why can't you decide on a user name and stick with it? Although techguy and techchick do go together... unless you are someone else. (sorry if so) :)

10. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Thanks Tech Chic... I didn't know how to find it so I went to help...

LOL... thats why I wrote it that way

11. TechChick

TechChick

Sorry, deuce, I'm just a newbie here. I don't know anyone else, and I've never been here before, so this is my one and only name. :)

12. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

welcome to TSG TechChic

13. deuce

deuce

Welcome to TSG... sorry about the mix up.

Savvy... didn't you just reach 2000 yesterday? You post fast. :)

14. crabman

crabman Guest

try removing the mouse in safe mode and rebooting .remove it from the device manager and see if there are more then 1 mouse there thes are called ghost drivers

15. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

It was the night of Jan 2 that I made my 2000th post

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice