1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

flickering ghostly grey lines across monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ultimax, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultimax

ultimax Thread Starter

hey!

I'm experiencing ghostly, faint grey lines flickering up and down my screen. They aren't very visible, and after a while you don't notice them, but I'm pretty sure they must be rather bad for one's eyesight.

Any idea what gives?

My monitor's refresh rate already configured to 85mhz.

thanks!

2. active95

active95

Sounds like possible interference from some other device ( be that speakers , wireless lan..etc..), monitor cable close to some electromagnetic source, bad monitor cable/connection, video card problem or the monitor is just dying
    So check and see if the monitor cable/connector is ok. Check for possible devices that might be close to the monitor or cable thus giving interference. Boot windoze in SAFE mode and see if you still have the same problem. If you don't start to look like some windoze/ video driver problem.
    HTH

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!