1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flickering/glitching laptop screen

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Deletedmember941895, Feb 5, 2019.

Mark Solved
  1. Deletedmember941895

Deletedmember941895 Guest Thread Starter

My three year old hp laptop screen has been flickering for a few months now. I've tried updating the display driver, but that isn't the issue. I also tried rebooting in safe mode and there were no glitches. I cannot figure this problem out but I think it is a software issue because when I updated the driver, there were more glitches and when I rolled back to the past driver, the problem came up less. If anyone can help me I would be so grateful!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

The new driver is probably meant for Win 10 v1809, that's the latest release of Win 10. Check the date that the driver was issued, if it was released after Oct/Nov 2018 then it is probably meant for the latest release of Windows 10.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!