1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flickering Icons?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Norton121, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Norton121

Norton121 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

Weird problem.....I just upgraded from windows me to windows xp professional and after the upgrade all the icons on my desktop and the start flickers uncontrollably. I am using a TNT Nvidia 32 mb card and I upgraded my drivers to windows xp but it didnt help. I changed my refresh rate to a lower setting and that didnt help eithor. I even went as far as to delete and recreate everything on my desktop. Any suggestions would be great. Kind of desperate atm . As usual thanks guys and have a good weekend.

Norton

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Did you check for incompatability in systems properties/device drivers?

Have you ran an updated virus scan?

Do you have ad-aware for spyware?

3. Norton121

Norton121 Thread Starter

Woah,

Was techguy down ? Had trouble getting in for the past week. Oh but in any case thanks for your help but I tried that as well with no luck......I wonder if you could uninstall windows xp? Anybody know anything bout this? Thanks again guys =)

4. Dan O

Dan O

Yes, we were down because of some server problems.

Yes, XP can be uninstall and restore the previous Windows operating system you were using. This feature only applies if you are upgrading your computer from Windows 98 and Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), not a full install.

Select Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, Change or Remove Programs, Windows XP Uninstal, Change/Remove, and then click Uninstall Windows XP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice