flickering monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lynr

I have just bought a brand new E machines computer. ( I only use it for e-mail) The screen flickers continually, it is not the monitor as I hooked it up to my old one. The refresh rate is preset - 75?, I didn't adjust it should I have to on a new computer?
I have everything exactly where my old system was which was working fine until the :( memory died. I plan on returning it but I know they are going to argue. So what would the likely problem be? Poor video card?

lynr said:
I have just bought a brand new E machines computer. ( I only use it for e-mail) The screen flickers continually, it is not the monitor as I hooked it up to my old one. The refresh rate is preset - 75?, I didn't adjust it should I have to on a new computer?
I have everything exactly where my old system was which was working fine until the :( memory died. I plan on returning it but I know they are going to argue. So what would the likely problem be? Poor video card?

Things to check

is it plugged in securely to the vid plug on the back of computer

do you have the latest drivers

are the settings correct - one would guess that the factory settings would be correct for the monitor that it came with.

Since it works fine with the old computer, my guess is that it is going to be a minor problem and you should be able to solve it. Do you have a monitor to hook up to the new computer to see if it does it with another monitor. A setting of 75 should be fine if the card supports that refresh rate. You could always lower it to 60 which is a minimal rate to double check it...doc

lynr

It does exactly the same thing with my other monitor. Strangely enough the shop model was doing it but they said the cable must be loose!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online