1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flight on Friday

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by TechGuy, Jun 10, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. TechGuy

TechGuy Mike Administrator Thread Starter

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

Tim, smaller airports can be nice... they tend to have less traffic and you don't have to worry about the big guys up there.

A resident who lives less than a half mile from one of the runways in Hagerstown recently decided to build his own 1400' runway near the departure end of Hagerstown's main runway (27). He bought himself an ultralight and was testing it out about a week ago... and ended up crashing it. He lived, but with several broken bones from what I heard. Of course, building your own runway and flying within the Class D Airspace without talking to ATC is not legal... especially right off the end of the runway! Another pilot was talking about what might have happened to him had a large jet been taking off at the same time. Another pilot joked that the jet would have reported a bird strike. :)

http://articles.herald-mail.com/201...ltralight-pilot-aircraft-crash-small-aircraft

2. valis

valis Moderator

jeeze! Even I know that outside of bush country in Alaska, you don't make your own runways. :)

When the Twit was younger, I used to go down to the end of the runway of West Houston Airport (to the south) and park there....generally would get about half the pilots waving at us (all of 30 yards from their cockpit). He got a huge rush out of it.

Here's a pic from the airport with one of their air shows.

Attached Files:

3. TechGuy

4. yes_puleeze

yes_puleeze

wonderful ......thanks for sharing

5. TechGuy

6. poochee

poochee

Enjoyed the flight! Such a nice memory for your mother!:)

7. hewee

hewee

Now that was very nice what you did.

8. WendyM

WendyM Trusted Advisor

Nice, Mike. (y) Now if I could only get you to make your plane a commercial flight so I wouldn't have to drive from Baltimore or DC every time I go to Hagerstown! I miss being able to fly in all the way. :p

9. TechGuy

Let me know when you're coming to Hagerstown so we can meet up!

FYI, Cape Air has a daily flight to/from BWI. Check out www.flyhagerstown.com

10. WendyM

WendyM Trusted Advisor

Mike!!! That's amazing. My mom is from Hagerstown and goes back more often than I do. She doesn't drive, which means it's always a pain for someone to pick her up and take her back if I'm not with her. This is awesome, thanks!

I was in Hagerstown (and Chambersburg!) in March and will probably be back next year or the year after. I'll let you know. :)

11. TechGuy

Last week I talked Heather into letting me take Cameron up for his first (non-commercial) flight! And, as you might expect, I made a video... I look forward to sharing it with him in a few years. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugm4CvCNHd8

12. hewee

hewee

How cool is that Tech Dad to give Cameron a ride in the sky. :)

13. poochee

poochee

Neat, Cameron will enjoy viewing this in the future.:)

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1056590