1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flight Sim 2004 doesn't detect CD

Discussion in 'Games' started by Stevie C, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevie C

Stevie C Thread Starter

I've just bought Microsoft Flight Sim 2004, it installed fine and I restarted the computer like it said.
    Now, when I go to run the game, it says 'please insert Flight Sim disc 4 and start the program again' or something along those lines, but I do have the disc inserted.
    I've tried it in both my D:\ drive(DVD/CD player) and my H:\ drive(CD-writer), and I've even tried disabling my CD-RW drive in windows so the game only has the D:\ drive to look for the CD.
    I've tried putting in one of the other three CD's, which autorun and then I click to play the game but it says to insert CD 4 again.
    I've had a look at the disc, it's brand new and it looks perfect and it worked fine for installation.
    I'm running windows XP and it's an MSI nforce 2 with onboard graphics and sound and Athlon 2000XP. Any ideas?

2. panzer999

panzer999

I don't have 2004 yet, but in 2002 you have two install options...one where it required the CD's and another (larger) option where it copied everything to the hard drive.

If 2004 has that option, might try going with the larger install.

3. Stevie C

Stevie C Thread Starter

No Flight Sim 2004 copies everything to hard drive but still needs the CD as copy protection. I've downloaded a no-cd patch to get it working but i'm not sure how legal they are and it'll probably be incompatible with the real version if I go online now so still hoping for another solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!