Flight sim X problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bish934

Hi guys

I’m trying to load Flight Sim X without any success, I was wondering if anyone knows what my problems is. I start installing Disk one and the software starts loading itself ok but after a few minutes and when things appear to be fine, the InstallShield will stop loading and just hang there, the DVD will then runs for a few moments and then stops. I’ve tried installing the software about 12 times now and on every occasion it appears to stop loading at different points in the process. For example I can get 25% complete on the InstallShield and then it locks up the PC, once I managed to get 50% complete on the InstallShield before it locked up The whole screen also appears to freeze. To get out of the software requires a reboot of the PC. I posted this problem on another forum and the guys kindly suggested that I go to the Microsoft help website and try a number of fixes, which i did. These were the Error message " 1722" fix ( which did not work), the Error 52 fix ( again did not work). I'm running Windows XP if that helps. Any help would be really appricated.
Regards
Bish

First of all, Flight Sim X is good enough to keep trying (at least, it's good enough AFTER the SP1 update). (y)

I don't know the answer to your problem, but one thought occurs. Flight Sim X is a massive installation, and takes a long freakin time to complete. It's one of the longest installs I've ever gone through. Could it be that it's still running, and just appears frozen? I've had a few games that appear to hang during installation, but if I go and make a sandwich or watch some TV or something and just let it run, it turns out it was going all along.

I've had similar problems installing large games on my brother's computer. Eventually, I concluded that the problem was the combination of a weak, old power supply, and an old DVD drive. I got a newer power supply for it, and it worked better, but it would still take a few tried to install big games, but I have a feeling that if I replaced the DVD drive, it would work fine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online