Flight Sim x

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

legin

Every time i start to play this game my computer restarts itself after a couple of minutes. I have checked and my computer should run this sim game it meets the running requirements to play it . Please help:confused:

bonk

Banned
Let us know your system Specs. like Ram Video card etc.

My PC won't play it either and mine meets the specs also.

bonk

Banned
Checked for any update drivers for that nvidia graphics card 6800ge?

Lower the settings in the game and see how it runs.

bonk

Banned
If you can get into the game lower the settings like resolution....or it may have a setting to run the game at medium or low settings ...not sure can't play it myself so never been in it.

legin

i can start the game and sometimes take off but then the comp restarts itself would you agree that my comp should play this game?

bonk

Banned
Your specs look ok but there are many variables.....

You can check 2 things

1/ Go Start>>Run type eventvwr.msc click OK and click on System and Applications and see if you can see a red X for an Event about the same time and then double click it and read any info and if it has a blue hyper link click on that for more info on it.

2/ Press Windows Logo key + Pause Break key together and choose Advanced and under startup & recovery click Settings and under System failure uncheck Automatically Restart
click OK......now when it will show an error message when it happens...read the message and let us know exactly what it says

I think it might be something to do with your Video card.

Heat?.... Is there dust buildup on anything?
Other applications shut off? No active scanners of any kind running at the same time?
Weak Power supply?

I've been wanting to get this game myself, but am not sure I should yet.. Does it look pretty much like FS 2004?
I see the trailers for it, but I hear the best graphics are only with Windows Vista.. So maybe I should wait..

Heh. I have Flight Simulator X and it looks better than 2004. However, I have to set my settings a bit below Medium even though I have an A64 3200+, 3GB RAM, and two GeForce 7600GTs in SLI mode.

At Best Buy, I have even gotten FSX to stutter a bit on an SLI'd GeForce 8800GT system.

Weird.

Courtney

I've not had restart condition but it stumbles. I was a professional pilot and these sim fly nowhere near the real thing. None ever do. However there's a FS X on Microsoft for answering tbleshooting on the site. One of the best suggestions is to:
Quit anything that running. Disable nic card, turn off anti virus, firewall, anything you don't need. This stuff may be eating up more memory than you think. The sim has to share resources with everything else on your systemTry it and see what happens. If it reboots again, go through the first step again.
Then when you start FS X go into menus that allow you reduce or increase scenary definition, etc. The less, some times is better. Then try again. If it still acts up change your screen definition. If set too high, it can't write fast enough to keep up with the action. Don't go higher than 800X600. Try again. (It's like trying to run streaming video on a 56K phone connection. But when you go broadband the problems go away.)
Then get back here to tell us what happened. Hope this works before surgury.

legin

Have tried every thing to solve prob but still restarting cannot play on anything less than 1024x860

there is a config utility you can run. my uncle has this game and he got 5-10 fps on all high settings at 1280x1024. he ran the utility and now he is getting areound 15-20. it is a hog and microsoft is planning to release some patches for it to make it run better. also my uncle is playing on 2 gigs of ddr2, a intel Pentium D 2.66 and a Nvidia GeForce 7600GS. I plan to run this game on a new system i am getting...
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
A8N SLI deluxe ASUS
1 gig of DDR3200 (getting more soon)
Nvidia GeForce 7950 GT w/ 512mb
400watt psu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online