1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

flight sims cannot detect controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FredHead24, Oct 10, 2019.

1. FredHead24

FredHead24 Thread Starter

Hello,
    Let me start by saying I know very little about computers. so this is what I have.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 112 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 7631 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (881 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 8430
    Antivirus: Total Defense Premium Internet Security, Enabled and Updated

So I'm into remote control flight. I have a rc controller that can be plugged into the computer via mini usb cable. I downloaded a free rc flight sim and have been using it for a couple weeks. I purchased another online and was preparing to set it up when an accident occurred and the controller was pulled off the desk by the cord.
    after this controller was no longer detected by either flight sims.(yes I know you're thinking I'm an idiot and obviously I've broken my controller.) But wait there's more.
    I also have a program for the controller ( open tx companion). so I open this program and everything seems fine. It detects the controller and is showing all the models I have set up in it.
    This is where I was when I contacted the 1 and only authorized service company in the country to see about getting it fixed and gave the above info.
    the response was if the open tx program can read your models then then you know it is communicating with the computer. Something must have happened to computer when the cord was pulled.
    Since that email I have deleted and reinstalled 1 of the flight sims (picasim). same issue does not detect controller.
    there is 1 difference between using the sims and the open tx program. That is you just turn controller on and plug in usb for the sims. the open tx program the controller needs to be turned on in bootloader mode.
    I have also noticed that if I go into the settings then devices the computer DOES detect when I plug in the controller and it Does show difference between bootloader and joystick.
    The last thing I can think to note is the controller functions fine with my real world models.

Thank you
    FredHead24

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!