1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flight Simulator on windows XP

Discussion in 'Games' started by Steven715, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Steven715

Steven715 Thread Starter

Hello Flight Simulater will not run under windows XP as it is bringing up a message saying

Software 3D Enabled (In the title bar)

Safe mode has been enabled because your system is currently unable to use hardware acceleration. While in Safe mode, you will be able to run Flight Simulator and troubleshoot hardware issues, but performance and display quality will be affected. Product Support safe mode. For more information, see the Readme, Which is available from the flight simulator link in windows start menu.

Then a OK Button is displaed

The Graphics card is a Nvidia graphics card.
    It did work on windows 98 then i upgraded to windows XP And that is when the message keeped appearing i have tryed to reinstall flight simulator and that did not work and i have tryed to adjust the graphic settings in the game it self but that has not worked. So any idears?

Thanks for any advice

2. brianF

brianF

Have you installed video drivers for your video card other than the ones provided by windows.

if you go to start/run/type dxdiag and press enter, display tab, are all three settings enabled, can you run the direct draw and direct 3d tests sucessfully

3. Steven715

Steven715 Thread Starter

Yes i ahve tryed to update the drivers off the web but the same message came up and that did not work either yes i can do the direct 3d tests sucsuffley p.s the game is windows xp compatable!

4. brianF

brianF

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!