1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flight Simulator Sound problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by plejon, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

I have a problem with MS FLight Simulator 2004.

Sometimes, in the flying lessons, the instructor talks way too fast (uncomprehensible) or way too slow (*very* annoying). The other sounds such as engine noise seem fine.

I tried the suggestion on the MS site to disable hardware acceleration with the dxdiag utility, but that only made things worse. The instructors voice is completely uncomprehensible on this setting.

Other games and applications do not have sound problems.

2. 1394

What sound card are you using? Have you updated the drivers for it? I have not played Flight Sim so I don't know, maybe its a problem with the program?

3. xgerryx

xgerryx

In flight Simulator 2002 (I don't have it installed at the moment) I think there is an adjustment you can make for volume of engine noise, the instructors voice volume and a few other things. I think it was under settings. There would probably be the same setting somewhere in 2004.

4. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

I use the onboard sound card on my AOpen MK77MII. In the Device Manger, I see VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio COntroller (WDM). I've played dozens of other games on the PC, never had any sound problems. So I guess they're FS related.

I found the settings for the instructors and other sounds volume. It also has a low/medium/high quality setting for the sounds. I tried to play with the settings, but no luck.

The instructor Ron Machado's voice just isn't synchronised right. Sometimes, he talks about 10X too fast, as in a fast-forward. This is totally incomprehensible. Most of the times, he talks very slow is a low out of tune voice. This is unpleasant but comprehensible. Sometimes, pressing ESC twice to go to the menu and back to the game solves the problem.

5. xgerryx

xgerryx

Have you installed the whole sim on your hard drive or are using it from the cd drive. If its on your HD perhaps try delete & reinstall ( bit of a pain I know) but might help.

6. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

I did the full install on the harddrive. Maybe I'll try a re-install with all other software such as anti-virus disabled. As I mentioned in another post, I have some graphics issues too.

7. xgerryx

xgerryx

Good luck

8. plejon

plejon Thread Starter

No luck updating the drivers for the VIA AC'97 Audio of my motherboard.

I solved the problem by installing a Soundblaster Audigy II FS sound card.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!