FlipShare issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

harmonicker

Device: Flipvideo Camera
Issue:
when downloading the software for the camera it does not install properly.
It will download onto my machine with a icon on desktop, but when it goes to open it fails.

It was on my machine once and worked fine, until it got quirky. :(
I then un-installed and re-installed and it has never worked properly since.
I was able to get my Flip camera to work with Picasa and bypass the Flipshare software all together. Now that doesn't work either; when I plug in my Flipshare camera to the USB port on my machine, it knocks out my wireless connection...?...weird...eh?:confused:
SO I have to unplug the camera and unplug my wi-fi adapter plug it(wi-fi) back in to get it to reconnect.

Spent 60 minutes on the phone with Flip vid tech yesterday, also let them share my machine, and they said it is a registry issue in my PC with a corrupt file of the Flipshare- nothing they can do.

The error message I get when trying to re install the software is this:

_HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MediaType\Extensions\.fs3

My machine info:
windows XP
home edition
SP 3
intel (r) pentium (r) 4CPU 2.80 GHz
2.79 GHz
768 RM

I cannot do s system restore as I can only go back two months and this was initally installed about 2 years ago :(
Any insight?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online