Floating Graph - Excel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrwendal

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a graph 'float', so that if i scroll left or right, it stays in view.

The Freeze pane and Split options don't appear to help as the graph runs the width of the page.

(Split gets me close, if i split the page in half lengthways, but as each split window only gets it's own vertical scroll bar and not a horizontal one too, this is no good)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Maybe you could open a new window and arrange them horizontally, then keep the chart visible in the upper one & move around in the lower one.

HTH,
Andy

mrwendal

Thanks for your advice Andy, it's one of a few workarounds that i'm having to do at the moment.

Trouble is that other users may have to enter the sheet, and i want them to be able to scroll along to the most recent / earliest data and the graph to still be visible to them at the same time if possible.

I'm wondering if there's some Left type property of the chart that i can use in VB to shuffle it along in relation to where the screen has been scrolled to..

.......hmmm. where did i leave that thinking cap!

mrwendal

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.ChartObjects(1).Left = .Columns("D").Left
End With

If i can combine this bit of code and replace Column D with the left most column that is visible whereever i scroll, i think that will be it... any ideas on how to return the left-most column identifier at all peeps?

Thanks

I can't really envisage this but I think you're quite close.

How about something like

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
n = ActiveCell.Column
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.ChartObjects(1).Left = .Columns(n).Left
End With
End Sub

in the worksheet module?

HTH,
Andy

mrwendal

Thanks for the missing links Andy,

That's the closest i'm going to get, i think, as i can't get the graph to move just by scrolling, but by changing the selected cell results in the graph moving as desired.

Unless anyone else has any further ideas on this, i think i'm going to tinker with this and make the most of what i've got!

Thanks Andy, et al

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts