Floppy Disk Errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Startreker

thanks for the replies

I tried copying a file to the disk and it chugs agaw a few mins then asks if it wants to be formatted.

cannot defrag as when i click on the disk in my computer it makes a noise for a minute then nothing.

I would really like the data if i could but if not it is a question of getting it from the banks/accounts etc.

Will have a look at the Final Data 2 though

goto "alphaomegasoft.com"

I'm not trying to sell their product, but, It's recovered stuff for me when other
programs gave up.

Startreker

Thanks for that....

I was able to recover a document and when i opened it i get the same as in my 1st post.

When i open it i wordpad i get a lot of text like this:

ŽÀ…Mï¬5?ëÈ÷åù”«Ñt® Ò摱Wìo~xÒ'Y±–·ÜÏÐnƒ¬“hn

The same opening in Word using the "Recover from Any Text" option.

Startreker

Not that i know.

the only thing that he had was a password but this does not show in the recovered document.

Hmmm... It wasn't office 97 or earlier and you're trying to open it in Office 2K or 2003? I know, I'm just trying to cover all the bases. :D

Startreker

no

it was created in office XP and i have office 2003 but i emailed the file to my dad and tried opening it in XP with the same result.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.