1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

floppy disk fault--insert valid boot disk and press any key

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hans4, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hans4

Hans4 Thread Starter

i keep getting this message every single time i try and turn on my belta computer. Now this computer is from a Thailand company so i haven't been able to find much help online, but from what i can gather it isn't booting to the OS because there is something wrong with the floppy disk drive. Well the computer doesn't have a floppy disk drive...... so i think that might be the problem :p . Anyway after a little bit more digging i found that by going to the bios settings i could disable the computer from thinking it has a floppy disk drive. Here's my problem however, i can only get into "insyde software SCU for intel chipset" witch is sort of like bios as it lets me set the boot order and such, but there is no option to disable hardware in this menu. so does anyone know how to get to the actual bios settings so i can disable the floppy disk drive? the model is an M3C if that helps any.

thanks for any reply's =)

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    if you can change the boot order, change it to boot the floppy last. that way it will boot to the CD or the HDD and never get to the floppy search.

3. Hans4

Hans4 Thread Starter

i changed it so that it doesnt even ever try to boot from the floppy, but i still get the same message

4. Hughv

Hughv

This sounds like a dead boot drive.
    Can you see the HD in the BIOS?

5. Hans4

Hans4 Thread Starter

yeah, it says

Devices

Hard Drive C = 0 MB

and i can boot from a CD....so i don't know if that's it

6. Hughv

Hughv

It doesn't list a make/model?
    You probably need a new drive.

7. Hans4

Hans4 Thread Starter

hmmmmm, well i have a spare hardrive, i guess ill try that

8. Hans4

Hans4 Thread Starter

well the spare hardrive was a sata, and the one in the computer is a ide, so no luck there, but idk if the hardrive is bad, i could still make partitions on the hardrive when i booted with ubuntu from a CD, and i did successfully install XP to the hardrive....i just cant boot to it

9. Hughv

Hughv

Make sure it's selected in the boot order.

10. Hans4

Hans4 Thread Starter

haha at this point my first,second,third, and fourth boot options are the hardrive :p

11. Hughv

Hughv

Yes, but is it the right HD?
    You may have a choice between Drive 0 and drive 1.

12. Hans4

Hans4 Thread Starter

nope, atleast for the insyde software bios,there's only one hardrive option to boot from, and ive also tried to put every single option as the first boot device aswell

13. Hughv

Hughv

Switch the SATA cable to another header.

14. Hans4

Hans4 Thread Starter

you kinda lost me there, it's a laptop so i don't think there are any cables....?

15. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It would have been better to let us know that this was a laptop in your initial post. I am going to go with Hughv in post #6, it sounds like you need a new hard drive.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice