1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

floppy disk problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by b1ffyi59, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

Hello.
    When I put a floppy disk in the drive,I always get "no id address mark was found on the floppy disk"
    I have removed and reinstalled the floppy disk without result.
    My system:windows XP home sp2
    512 meg memory
    athlon 1.8 gigahertz
    Could the Anti virus do that?
    Thank you
    Jean-Guy Roberge
    [email protected]

2. norton850

norton850

One of those problems without a good solution. Do you get the message with all disks, like new ones. Are you able to format the disk?

3. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

Yes ,I get that problem with all floppy disks and I cannot format the disk from that drive.I formatted it from another computer,but I get the same result on my computer.I have used those floppy disks before and everything was fine.
    Thanks
    Jean-Guy Roberge

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It could be either the drive, the cable, or the floppy controller on the MB. I try the cable first, then the floppy, they're the cheap parts. :D

5. qldit

qldit

Good Morning b1ffyi59, you might check to confirm that the thing is showing a 3.5 inch floppy type, set as A:.
    I have seen strange problems where the BIOS floppy type setting was incrorrect.
    Have you tried booting from it with a start disk?
    qldit.

6. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

Hello.
    The first thing I did was to see if the system could see my drive.it does.
    I would like to add that I run a pc with windows XP home English SP2 and in a different partition I have windows XP chinese without any packages.(no sp 1 or sp 2).
    The floppy drive has the same problem in both,so I figure that the trouble is not with windows,but maybe in the BIOS,which I don't know very much about.It could also be like you mentionned before cable or drive.since the cables in the computer do not move,I don't beleive that they can go wrong,then again I may be wrong!..
    So I will replace the drive and cable and see what goes on.
    Jean-Guy Roberge
    Thank you

7. b1ffyi59

b1ffyi59 Thread Starter

I would very much like to delete subscription on these posts to help keep the web site clean and not overloaded for nothing,but I don't see an unsubscribe button
    b1ffyi59

8. qldit

qldit

Good Evening b1ffyi59, how did you go with your floppy problem?
    qldit.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice