1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Floppy Disk(s) fail 40

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by paranoia0954, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paranoia0954

paranoia0954 Thread Starter

I am hoping someone can help me out with this.. i boot and get this error

Floppy Disk(s) fail (40)

now I'm 92% POSOTIVE that my computer does not have a floppy drive..
    2 optical drives and 7 USB ports.. Now there is something that shows up on my computer as Removable Disk D:\
    which should be one of my optical drives but it says F:\ and E:\ are and usually that removable disk is F. I have no clue what it is and i click and it asks me to insert a drive.. but anyways any idea to fix that? I can boot to windows perfectly fine, just that message will get annoying

(i thought vista was the problem so i went back to XP. no drivers installed yet except internet.)

and also when i shut off my computer (it has lighting) the power button will stay lit. even if i shut off all power.. or unplug it..

Dxdiag----

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/18/2008, 09:45:18
    Machine name: TCH-DOC2635436
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.050329-1536)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc
    System Model: XPS 630i
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 3326MB RAM
    Page File: 195MB used, 5013MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

You could go into BIOS and disable Floppy - that should stop the Floppy failure message .

For the other stuff we'd need to know a lot more about your hardware and it's configuration . Do you have a built-in card-reader or anything like that ? What , if anything , do you have connected externally to the PC (apart from the obvious mouse , keyboard , monitor , speakers) ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/760304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice