1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

floppy diskette seek failure please help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by buncobabe65, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buncobabe65

buncobabe65 Thread Starter

I just installed a new wireless adapter internally and ever since I have gotten the message of a floppy diskette seek failure. My usb ports aren't recognizing things when they are plugged into them. Could all of this be tied into the new adapter?? Please help. I can do things but just not really technologically savvy. Don't know all the lingo and what it is.

2. mozzacajun

mozzacajun

do you get this on boot up? If so press what ever key gets you into the bios and disable the floppy seek on boot option

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Indeed, it sounds like your BIOS may have been reset or set to fail safe settings so check to see if USB is enabled in your BIOS as well.

The floppy or A drive is probably listed on the very first page of the BIOS and should be disabled there provided we're right in assuming you don't have a floppy drive installed. The USB settings will be a couple category headers further on (give or take one) in the BIOS.

4. buncobabe65

thanks I will try that.

5. wilemdogs95

wilemdogs95

enter bios then go to drivers when in drivers you will see diskette hit the down arrow key til the diskette is highlighted the hit enter.Floppy diskette should be set to intern. switch it to off and then save but remember your settings write the down before you change them.Now restart the computer and diskette seek failure should be gone.

6. wilemdogs95

wilemdogs95

also when in there change the boot order go boot sequence then hit enter use up and down arrow to highlight the drive you want the hit the d key to move it to the bottom once at the bottom hit the space bar the disable the driver from booting the should fix it.the save settings and restart if that fail use your disk that you get with the computer and run a repair with the disk.

7. wilemdogs95

wilemdogs95

when in the Bios go to boot sequence then hit enter use the up and down arrow keys to highlight thefloppy drive then hit the d key to move the drive to the bottom of list then move the cd/dvd drive to the top with the u key while you have the floppy drive at the bottom and still highlighted use the space bar to disable the drive it's ok to do the number next to the drive should go away that lets you know you turned the drive off.Now with that done do the same with the cd/dvd drive but this one you want enable make sure there is a 1 in front of the drive now you can save your settings and now restart the computer.That should fix all boot errors and now you can use your disk to fix anyother problems.

8. buncobabe65

thanks I got it fixed thanks to this great forum

9. wilemdogs95

wilemdogs95

glad to hear all back to norm.

10. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

Please go to Thread Tools and choose "Solved." That will indicate to folks that you no longer need assistance. The courtesy will be appreciated.

{redoak}

11. Developer-67

Developer-67

These posts solved the 'Floppy diskette seek failure' issue for me. I had to do both #5 and 6, removing it from boot sequence and changing it from internal to off. I was concerned this would mess with the card reader I have in place of a floppy drive but it still works fine. Thank you for the help!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice