Floppy Disks fail(40)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sandydude4u

I get this error everytime i start my PC. Please help me how to get rid of it.
It gives me 2 options F1 to continue or DEL for entering setup.
Is there some way through which i can disable my floppy drive by entering BIOS Setup so that is stops prompting me at the startup.

Best thing to do is to take the cables off the floppy so the motherboard doesn't see it and that it is failing. Or just check the connections and most likely the cable is just loose. reseat it cables and it should then give no error.

sandydude4u

Ya i kinda knew that.. but i am looking out for how to disable the drive using the BIOS Setup. Thanks for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online