1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

floppy drive died... options?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barbarosa805, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barbarosa805

barbarosa805 Thread Starter

My Toshiba Satellite 2530CDS that is from ?? 2000 running 98se... just when i needed its feeble tasks.. ie, the floppy drive to be able to create a boot disk for an old old AST 486DX2 box that I want to load Linux onto...but, it had sat so long the CMOS battery died... and I need a boot disk to bring this thing alive again.

so, what are options for a 4 yr old laptop? floppy... i could just buy if i really have to, external floppy... but, what the old guy is doing is not seeing the boot sector of any disk I put in... brand new disks... that work in my housemates machine..

any trick to trying to resurect a drive?

Thanks

justin in colorado

2. n2gun

n2gun

Get a cleaner disk and run it. If that does not do it then you probably need to look at other options.

3. barbarosa805

barbarosa805 Thread Starter

will try that... wally world? homedepot? whom might have a disk?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice