Floppy Drive Failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PreludeGuy

Hey guys, I tried searching, but found nothing.

I just moved my computer into a new case. Now when I boot up it says floppy drive(s) failure 40. I can boot normally anyways and run just fine. THE GREEN LIGHT WONT TURN OFF. Any suggestions? I already checked the cables and they are plugged in properly, i'll double check just incase.

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, Yes, this usually means the cable is on backwards- pin1 red edge of floppy cable goes to pin1 of floppy's motherboard connector....and, the twisted end of floppy cable goes into the drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online