Floppy Drive Not Working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

antares

I just did I big upgrade on my old computer and everything seems to run fine, but my floppy not working.

The light on the floppy drive is always on (with no floppy disc in it). When I do put in a disc in it, it says to insert in a disc.

The ribbon is fully connected to the motherboard and to the back of the drive.

What could be the problem? :(

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Light always on = gray cable plugged in backwards....most often than not ;) Red stripe closest to power connector at the back of the drive.....and IF you can plug in both ways to the motherboard, pin 1 there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online