Floppy Drive on Win XP NTFS Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ralphroshan

I have just installed Win XP on my new cpu intel pentium 4 3.20 Ghz with 500 MB Ram, Nvidia Geforce 256 MB AGP Card and 160 GB Hard Drive. The C Drive being the hard drive shows the file system as NTFS. The main problem is that the floppy drive A shows the file system as RAW Drive and it doesnt open any floppies and as soon as i insert a floppy a message pops up saying insert disk in drive A.

Kindly request you to help me as i dont know what the problem is and i have even checked the cables and its seems fine. Is this a windows error or hardware problem.

Roshan

Blink182

Banned
Howdy ralphroshan! :)

Welcome to TSG! (y)

Can you check in device manager and see what happens there? Is there any "!" or "X" there for your floppy drive?

ralphroshan

I have the device manager and its shows no marking against the floppy drive and moreover i check the floppy drive controller whcih aslo seems fine. Onw thing i forgot to mention is the LED light for the FDD stays on throughout.

Roshan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts