Floppy drive won't read

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kluftern2

My floppy drive won't read any floppies. The OS detects the drive but nothing reads and I even tried changing different drives nothing works. What should I do?

kluftern2 said:
My floppy drive won't read any floppies. The OS detects the drive but nothing reads and I even tried changing different drives nothing works. What should I do?

is the light on your floppy drive always on? thats how mine is and it dosent read either and xp does detect the drive

During startup does it come on for a second or two?

If you go to My computer and click on it what happens?

My guess: If you don't see a light come on at all on the drive and since you already replaced the drive, it's the power connection. Does your power supply have another floppy power connector you can try?

kluftern2

i have another cable to connect to the floppy drive. If i press on it in my computer it always says please insert diskette

Usually it's because the cable is incorrectly connected. Swap it end for end and be sure the red strand matches to the pin labelled '1'.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online