1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

floppy drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bigbird57, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigbird57

Bigbird57 Thread Starter

My floppy drive runs when I click on an icon in my hard drive such as open with. What could cause this. thanx

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi, and welcome.

Start button, run, then type msconfig and hit ok...go to the startup tab....is Microsoft FindFast (or FastFind, whichever it's called, can't remember) listed? If so, uncheck it........and restart.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Email from poster (it'll be easier if you'll reply back to the thread as I may be away and others can help as well)

This is the message:

Dear AcaCANDY I tried finding Findfast the only thing I found was an icon that looked like a pair of binoculars with a lighting bolt.But when I clic on it,it say loading Microsoft office 2000. So the floppydrive still run when it's not being used

I believe that is the one you want to get rid of.....I don't have Office loaded on this computer to check it at this moment.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114431

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice