floppy drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

msb113

Freinds pc acting starnge..... gets 2 different 3 1/2 floppy drives and 2 different errors

1. Error..... disk is not formatted do u want to formatt it.... I know it is formatted, works on all other pc's and have already reset the bios to no avail.

2. drive A is not accessible

the only thing I can think to do now is to go into safe mode\ device manager and remove the drive so it will be reinstalled after boot up but if that fails, what else is there?

Help!

Mark

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Try them both hooked up on the outside of the computer, and make sure they are recognized as 1.44 floppy drives in the bios setup.

Hi Mark

Try creating a boot disk on a different computer, write protect it, and try to boot it on your computer. That will let you know if the drive can read.

Check in bios that the drive is set for 3.5" 1.44 density.

Have you tested the different floppy drives in a different computer to be sure that they are ok?

Try a different floppy cable.

BOL

(Hi AcaCandy you beat me again. Doesn't your head hurt from all the drinking you've been doing lately?)

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
My motto is 'if you can't run with the big dogs, you need to stay home on the porch' :D

I think it's called practice..... :eek:

(And since you've been following me, why don't you meet me at the 'bar' for a drink....I think it's your turn to buy.....we've been racking up a pretty big bill on Mulder's card..... )

AcaCandy

Mulder can afford it as you know he's a lawyer and according to him a good one.

PS Not following you (Except in late posts :D ) just seeing what the EE people are up to.

Us "EE" people mean you no harm, we are good civilized people, and you don't need to keep an eye on us, we will be good...honest. ;)

*psst* Guys, they're on to us, act innocent.
:D <-- that's as innocent as it gets right there :p

Gibble

"Us "EE" people mean you no harm, we are good civilized people, and you don't need to keep an eye on us"

I don't know about that, I've seen your mug shot! ;)

Also there's a reason I have the name Lurker1

msb113

The drive eorks when it is outside of the pc but not when it is mounted?

What is up with that?

Mark

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Well, that would be AcaCandy theory 1.01.......

When you put it into the drive bay.....you may have one of those little oval openings......and if the drive isn't positioned EXACTLY to the centimeter in the bay....you will get this error....just play with and tighten the screws to the point where you get the error reading the floppy....then back off a little on the tightness....it's a computer.....not a car..... :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts