Floppy Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rocky1

while booting up my computer, when it gets to iniitalizing the floppy drive, I receive an error......The error reads exactly as follows:
Floppy Drive Error (40)......I have the option of hitting F1 to continue..so when I hit F1, the system finishes booting up as normal ...once booted, the A Drive is in accessible....
Thanx to anyone that can assist me with this issue...

Apparently it's not a bios problem as it seems to be trying to initialize, may be worth your time to check and make sure it is enabled and set to 1.44mb

Open the computer, check that the cable is tight both to the drive and the motherboard, replace the cable if you have one.

It may be best to just buy another and replace it.

Also make sure you don't have a disk stuck in it, it happens

If you have just replaced the floppy or had the ribbon cable disconnected, try reversing the ribbon cable. Floppy drives are kind of funny! Normally, the #1 pin is closest the the power plug and this is where the "red line" on the cable goes, but some floppy drives are made reversed and the cable has to be turned around!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
In your bios setup, be sure that the floppy drive controller is enabled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online