1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

floppy drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pjcole, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pjcole

pjcole Thread Starter

For some reason my floppy drive is not working. I get a message saying A:1 is not accessible this drive is not ready. I tried several things to correct the problem and it has not helped. I checked under device manager and found that for some reason it showed two standard floppy controllers. I was instructed to delete both and then let windows detect the hardware in my computer. I did this and it still did not help. Do you have any other suggestions? I know it was working well just a few days ago. Please help me if you can.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi pjcole, welcome to TSG.

Have you tried more than one floppy disk?

3. pjcole

pjcole Thread Starter

Thanks for your response to my problem. Yes, I have tried numerous disk and it has not made any difference.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Describe the face plate of the drive......is it the older rectangular or does it have the wide slot that the disk drops into?

Has the computer been moved around lately? Has anyone been working inside?

And I would think that this is already enabled, but double check in the bios setup to be sure....you want the floppy controller ENABLED.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66925

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice