1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

floppy trouble with IDE controller card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dummytwo, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dummytwo

dummytwo Thread Starter

Hi, I am having trouble only with the floppy controller on a UMC IDE card. Chipset=UM82C863F. This card is also runnung the CD, HD, and a serial mouse fine. I have swapped ribbon cables, and floppy drives to no avail. The back of the card lists MDC=1F0/179. What does MDC stand for. The Harddrive controller is set for Input/Output 01F0-01F7, 03F6-03F6. When I add new hardware it says the Floopy Controller has a conflict and disables it, but lists no conflict in the conflict box. Please help. Thanks. This problem is on a 486 Running Win95.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Have you recently added hardware that may account for the conflict?

3. dummytwo

dummytwo Thread Starter

It is fine now, I pulled out all the other cards (sound, network, etc...), but first removed the card from the device manager. Then restarted the computer. It took what resources it needed, and then I put the other cards in one at a time. Thanks for the help and I am very happy that this forum exists.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!