1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Flowcharts

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by runner77, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. runner77

runner77 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have been asked to set up a flowchart the traces a customers order which are made
    by post, fax or via the Internet. On receipt of the order the credit limit of the
    customer is checked. If acceptable, availability of the item ordered is checked and a
    request is sent through to the warehouse for delivery. If the item is not available an OUT
    OF STOCK notice is forwarded to the customer and noted on the computer.
    When orders are made through the Internet the customer must provide a credit card
    number. If there is not a credit card number on the Internet order then the order is placed
    on hold for a period of seven days and then the order is terminated. The items are sent to
    the customer from the warehouse when the credit card is approved.

I have no idea how or where to begin to do this Any help on this would be greatly appreicated.

Regards
    Runner77

Kind Regards
    Mark

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

well not sure where you need the help with, do you understand how to put one together, or do you want to know what program to use?

A simple start is using EXCEL's Drawing objects, you can get all the flow chart objects, connector lines and Arrows. I can't go into much detail right now, but the shapes make a difference in your design because they represent different things

eg

Rectangle is a process, Diamond is a descision

Order Received (Rect) > check Credit(Diamond) > Branch Yes > branch No

I would search the net for FlowChart, you will get many examples

Hera is one

http://www.nos.org/htm/basic2.htm

3. pctsvs

pctsvs

See if this suits your needs runner77.

Attached Files:

4. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Nice work pctsvs, I would recommend using the Connectors instead of the lines, You can lock the connectors to the shapes and rearrange them.

The connecters are also arrows or lines, just select the type you want and point to the side you want to attach to (the handles will highlite). Click on the handle and drag the line/arrow to the other shapes handle and let go.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice