1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fluctuating Ping

Discussion in 'Networking' started by BadInternetGuy, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadInternetGuy

BadInternetGuy Thread Starter

For a couple of days now, my ping(and therefore internet) has gone through the roof and back down again relentlessly. For a moment, I have 50 ping, and then in the next I have no reply when using constant ping check on cmd. I have searched the internet several times over and have come to the conclusion that I need tech support. Specs:
    GTX 750 Ti 2 GB DDr3
    i7 4770
    8 GB RAM
    ... Pretty much everything from the Dell XPS 8700 with the better graphics card. I also have a McAfee subscription and the malwarebytes free protection services.
    I could really use help and a reply. Thank you for your time :)

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

You should not constantly ping the same address; most firewalls have rules against that because it looks like a DOS attack and it cuts you off. If you have a problem with random loss of internet connectivity please say so and describe your problem in more details.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice