1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FN key behaviour

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by CroAvantasia, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CroAvantasia

CroAvantasia Thread Starter

Hello Tech guy forums. Usually I solve my problems alone but couldn't find solution for this one anywhere on the Internet.

The problem is in FN button behaviour. Whenever I press FN button (in order to do anything, in this case taking a screenshot) a bar pops up. And it gets really annoying because I can't capture entire screen because of that bar. Any help on disabling that bar would be appreciated.

Laptop model is Toshiba Satellite L755-125. Specifications really don't matter for this problem. Screenshot in attachment.

Thanks for the help. :)

Attached Files:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Why would you use an Fn key for a screenshot? That is not one of their functions.

Don't uninstall anything related to the Fn keys if you want to be able to use them.

3. JosephKayPalmer

JosephKayPalmer

I think i just had a facepalm moment... use the Print key on your Keyboard to take a screenshot which will then be put into your Clipboard. From there you can open up MSPaint and paste it there, Thanks Moderator...

4. CroAvantasia

I'm not that stupid, there's no need for facepalm. My keyboard doesn't have PrtSc button of it's own, I have to press Fn+End to take screenshot. And then the bar pops up. Also how do you mean I took the screenshot first place but that way? *sigh*

To confirm my words I've included a keyboard photo.

Attached Files:

5. edhicks

edhicks

Try exploring Toshiba.com for support.
    Your looking for help with TOSHIBA HOTKEYS

Double check your model number. L755-125 was not found on Toshiba site.

My Toshiba also use Fn-End combo for printscreen.
    I don't see the F- keys bar on my screen print.
    Good Luck and keep us posted

6. CroAvantasia

I guess it was not found because it's "made for Adriatic region", here's a page on Croatian - http://bl.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/supportMyProduct.do?LNG=31&service=BL.

I will look around and keep you posted if I find something.

7. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

So the spec's do apply in your case

8. CroAvantasia

I've looked over in tech support, found nothing...uninstalled Value Added Package, the bar is still there...guess there's no help.

9. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Have you contacted TOSHIBA?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058410