Solved Focal Filter wont unblock sites!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aairus

So to stop procrastinating i installed a software called FocalFilter and its supposed to block the sites that make you procrastinate and it worked fine the first time but this time it wont unblock my sites (even when the time limit was reached 6 hours ago!) i uninstalled it using a software called Revo Uninstaller (which is the best btw, it uninstalls files that dont show up in the control panel and also deleted ANYTHING related to the software u wanna get rid of) but that didnt unblock my youtube and facebook... I was told to reinstall it and set it to the minimum time limit and block the websites again and then wait till it unblocks them by the software support team but even that didnt work... :/

Aairus

Nvm... people will tell you to start downloading and using VPNs and Proxy Servers but NO! DONT DO THAT! all you have to do is go to:
My Computer (Libraries)->Disk C->Windows->System32->Drivers->etc->hosts.
try to open "hosts" in Notepad and just delete the lines which contained the links to sites you blocked and SAVE!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online