Folder "access is denied"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photopilot

I have multiple partitions on my hard drive. One holds one of my systems and another has all my documents and files. I have a copy of X-plane a flight simulator on in my document folder, the program is stored there and accessed there and not in the programs folder. Recently when trying to access the program I am getting the error "access is denied". I was able to access it using the methods in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810881. Then next time i went to access it i was denied again. When trying to use the method in the microsoft help page I was denied access when trying to implement the last step of this process.

What should I try?

Photopilot

I got it to work, but this is the second time in two days i have had to go through this to access this file. Is there a way to make this folder accessible on a permanent basis?

It should remain permananent. Are you not seeing your User Name in the permissions list with Full Control?

This is the link I usually send people to with similar problems:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

Note the procedure is different for XP Professional than XP Home. In Professional you must turn off "simple file sharing". And in Home you must boot in Safe Mode to access the security tab.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online