1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder backgrounds in XP?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by adlamb, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adlamb

adlamb Thread Starter

Just a bit of an annoyance really. I used to run ME and i used the right click in my folders and went to 'customise this folder' to then add a folder background and change the colour and style of the file/folder names. I put album covers as the background for those albums and that sort of thing. Anyway, i saved all my documents on my second hard drive and upgraded to XP on my main drive. Then i copied all the files and folders to their new home on the XP installation and it kept all the folder settings. Problem is i cant for the life of me find how to customise individual folders in this way in XP. Is it even possible and if not, why is it happy to display the settings i gave the folders years ago under ME?
    Like i said, its not really a problem, just annoying that i cant find out how to do it and make my now very inconsistent folders a bit more tidy!
    thanks

Attached Files:

2. daurnimator

daurnimator

You can have the folder have a picture by having a (jpeg or bmp - can't remember) called folder in it.

3. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

I have Xp and I right-click the folder> rename. Then click on properties > customize > choose picture > browse my pictures > select one and then click open > click apply then OK. You can also change the icon under properties.
    Hope this helps you
    Carolyn :)

4. adlamb

adlamb Thread Starter

Dosent this just change the view of the folder itself, not the actual background when in the folder? I mean that i want to edit the text colour and the manics picture in the screen shot above.
    ta
    andrew

5. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

Yes you are correcto mundo. oops :eek: ... I'll just go back to my readin'
    I have no idea how to do what you want to do.
    Someone with a clue will help you soon, I hope. :D
    Carolyn :)

6. adlamb

adlamb Thread Starter

does no-one have any ideas?

7. mike5532g

mike5532g

8. adlamb

adlamb Thread Starter

that did it! Cheers!!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/298861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice