1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder customizations in My Pictures

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by brsk, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brsk

brsk Thread Starter

My Picture folders in XP do not have the Customization tab( in My Pictures Properties). So I cannot make the folder a Folder Album or whatever.
    Also the Task pane at the left side shows tasks for Music tasks. But I cannot reassign the folder attributes.
    Any ideas, please?

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

You will not get the customization option on special folders, Microsoft disables them. If you check, you won't have that option on the My Documents folder either.

If what you are wanting is for it to be viewed as a filmstrip, you can use the view option in Explorer to set the view for that folder as a filmstrip.

As for the music tasks being shown, I have no idea why, but you might can use Tweakui to reassign the folder.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

Once you get the copy and have installed it, start the program and go to the My Computer section and open up the special folders section.

Find the My Pictures section and change it to another folder. Logoff.

After you log back on, go back and change the My Pictures back to the original location.

You may have to reassign the My Music folder also. It is possible that windows thinks that the My Pictures folder is also the My Music folder, so that may be why you are getting the Music tasks.

3. brsk

brsk Thread Starter

Thanks.
    I had not realised that there is such a difference between going in through Windows Explorer and clicking on My Documents on the Desktop.

My Documents opened from the Desktop has Music Tasks. My Documents opened through Explorer has Pictures Tasks!.

My Pictures within My Documents has Music Tasks but at the next level down, a folder of pictures , it changes to Picture Tasks. Odd.

Also a Word document within the My Docs folder has Music Tasks. It is a list of medicines.doc!

I will have a look at TweekUI.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice